As the incumbent Judge since Jan. 1, 2011, presiding over one of the busiest courts in Harris County, where over 100,000 new cases were filed and $9,000,000 in revenues were colleted last year, all while managing a staff of 40; Jeff is the best qualified and most experienced candidate to be re-elected as Justice of the Peace. No other candidate has this experience, education and knowledge to run such a busy legal enterprise. Judge Williams pledges honesty, integrity, efficiency, competency and to follow the law as written.
- Justice of the Peace, Harris County Pct 5, PL 2 since Jan. 01, 2011.
- Licensed Attorney, Graduated South Texas College of Law, 1981 (practiced 30 years)
- Presided over more than 100 jury trials and 1,000’s of bench trials.
- Presides over traffic cases; juvenile cases, evictions, civil motions, criminal misdemenanors; show cause hearings; stolen property seizures; Magistrates prisoners; issues arrest warrants and writs of possession and re-entry; holds dangerous dog hearings and performs weddings too!
- Experienced as an attorney in legal writing and research, civil litigation, contracts and leases, and landlord and tenant law.
- Licensed to Practice before the United Stated Court of Appeals, 5th Judicial Circuit
- Member Texas State Bar Association
- Chairman Precinct 625 for 4 years
- Election Judge for 4 years
- Volunteered for many conservative candidates including County Judge Ed Emmett, U.S. Representative John Culberson, State Senator Dan Patrick, State Rep. Jim Murphy and City Councilman Oliver Pennington.
- Life long Republican conservative
- Captain (CPT 03), Texas State Guard, Army as a JAG officer for 4 years
- Experience writing wills and Powers of Attorney for deploying Texas National Guard members
- Self employed business man for 25 years.
- Husband, father of two, married to Rita for since 1986.
- Resident of Pct 5 for past 2000.
- Conversant in Spanish
- Assistant Scout Master, Boy Scouts of America
- Volunteer at Wings Over Houston air show standing flight line
- Volunteer at Houston National Cemetary, Dickens on the Strand, San Jacinto Day battle.
- Raised funds and rode in the BP MS 150 by bike ride in 2009
- Life Scout
- Past Committee Chairman and Den Leader for Cub Scout Pack
- Member of Reform Synagogue since 1985 and attends church with wife Rita
- Past Vice President and Board of Trustees member Houston Congregation for Reform Judaism
- Past Board member on Home Owner Associations.
It’s your choice who will preside over your rights in this court, Please vote wisely,